Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oy, I'm so behind

Oh goodness. Time for an update. Everything's going to be jumbled.

~I dropped my car off at the auto body shop on Wednesday, November 18th, and picked it up on Friday, November 27th. It looks fantastic; the people at the shop did a great job. They washed it, too, so it was clean and gorgeous for a day. And then the California dust settled in and now it's back to being kinda dirty. (Seriously, the dust is ridiculous...since there's no rain to wash it away, there are people that brush/blow the dust around.)

~I had to go to the health clinic on the 22nd because I woke up with a fever. 103.3 degrees. Awesome! The doctor gave me strep and flu medication...I finished the flu stuff and have 2 more strep pills. Feeling better, thank goodness.

~Spent Thanksgiving with Erica/the Amys/Brock/Anh. Amy made a ton of delicious food...we got a free turkey from the LA center and had a nice big traditional dinner. And we watched the dog show, part of Hercules, and the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving specials. There was one about the Pilgrim voyage to Plymouth. Yeahhh, Plymouth! So proud that I'm from the town that invented the holiday of food, haha.

~Since I was still got tired really easily last weekend, I opted out of going to Vegas. Erica and I took a trip to the Glendale Galleria on Black Friday and I ended up buying 2 movies and 8 seasons of TV on DVD, bumping my grand TV total to 97 seasons. I think I need TV rehab. Anyway, the Galleria is all decorated for Christmas...very festive, but it's weird seeing Christmas trees standing next to palm trees. Apparently there's fake snow (soap snow) at night...just like at Harrod's in London. :)

~I went for a hike near the Griffith Observatory on Saturday...spent almost 2 hours hiking up a mountain and an hour hiking down. That area is gorgeous. Erica and I went there a couple of weeks ago around dusk...it's a lot creepier at night. We forgot that it wasn't some kind of fenced in protected area. It's part of the moutains/hills. We heard coyotes howling when we were there, then heard something rustling in the brush and we got freaked out and ran part way down. And then we saw a coyote as we were driving out. Luckily, I didn't encounter any animals on Saturday. Except for some cute dogs that were walking with their owners. The view from where I was was gorgeous...I could see the entire city of Los Angeles. I ended up exhausting myself and spent the rest of the day in bed watching 30 Rock.

~Since we're all starting to go broke, we haven't been going out as much...went to the Cat and Fiddle the Friday before I had to go to the doctors, and it was fun and relaxing. There are white Christmas lights outside, and they put out heat lamps so everyone can enjoy being outside at night.

~I love how big #jackiessecret is on Twitter...I wonder how many Tweets we need to become a trending topic. That's been my entertainment for this morning.

Food time! I'll try to remember more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates